Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Grinch Bought All the Zhu Zhu Pets


Okay I'm going to get up on a soap box. I'm really angry and aggravated which by the way it takes a lot to get me really worked up. However, in my search to get a Zhu Zhu pet for my best friend's daughter for Christmas I have become increasingly frustrated.

If you haven't heard what Zhu Zhu pets are they are these little toy hamsters that make cute noises and move around on the floor. Apparently Zhu Zhu pets are the big toy this year. That means waiting in line to get into stores in the morning and searching the net for shipments. I have no problem with this.

What I have a problem with is people going to the stores buying everyone they can get their hand on then reselling them on Ebay and Amazon for 4 times what they're worth. That's right if you look for them on Amazon right now people are asking between $40 and $50. These toys sell for $9.99. I'm sorry, but this is wrong. These toys are something that young children are hoping to receive under their Christmas Tree from Santa. Taking advantage of children and their parents at Christmas time labels you a Grinch in my book. Hope you can sleep at night.

I was at Toys R Us looking for the Zhu Zhu pets and a woman told me not to bother to go to Walmart because a man came and bought them all and Walmart did nothing to stop him. There was no limit to the amount he could buy. That was also wrong. When a toy is this high in demand there should be a limit on the amount you can buy. Toys R Us has a limit.

So let me just say shame on you if you're out there trying to make a quick buck selling toys at ridiculous prices and shame on the stores for allowing people to get away with it. I hope no one pays the ridiculous prices and your stuck with these toys that you never wanted to begin with.

11 comments:

Stealth_mayhem said...

I completely agree with you. I have been looking for these things for over a month now, and no one seems to have these in stock. I refuse to pay exorbitant prices to these crooks who buy every one that they can find, just to make a quick buck. These people will never stop until they are hit hard in the place it hurts most....their wallet.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more. So many children would get such joy from these little creatures. Unfortunately the price of $50.00 will put them out of reach for the parents who cannot afford them for their kids. What a shame!!!

redkathy said...

I can't beieve the price!! What are they thinking??? In these times they would charge that price seems so greedy. On the other hand, there are people out there who will buy them. I remember when PS 2 came out, it was shameful!

Sandy S said...

Yeah, it is crazy! I was looking for some for my niece. I found the hamsters but I can't find the ball or any accessories. At our Walmart, an employee calls a woman when the items arrive, she comes and buys the whole pallet. I was lucky to find mine at Toys R Us.

Actually I have one extra yellow hamster with a star on it. I got 2 because I wasn't sure if I would be able to find another color. But I did find a brown one too. I was going to return it to the store. If you want it, email me.

What Was I Thinking? said...

I understand exactly how you feel. A few years back, I fell victim to this practice when my at the time 3 year old told her Dad and I that all she wanted for Christmas was the Rose Petal Cottage. As much as my husband and I cringed at the idea of paying twice the price on ebay, we did it so that we would not disappoint our daughter. Hindsight is 20/20! If I had known that the toy was nothing more than flimsy pieces of cardboard and that my daughter would only play with it 3 times, we would've never thought twice about paying the inflated price! Good luck and keep looking...don't make the same mistake that we made.

Melissa said...

I agree, and I am already in a fight with Walmart, about said issue.

Ann said...

Totally agree with everything you said but I would also add shame of the parents willing to spend any amount just to put the years hottest toy under the tree. My kids never got everything on their lists and if it was out of my price range I didn't even consider it.

Anonymous said...

I think Ann just summed up the problem & the solution! There are thousands of awesome toys on the market that are plentiful & reasonably priced, so the fixation on one or two leads to the greed & frustration. My kids have a list of toys they want, & although I recently found Zhu Zhu's online at Toys R Us for the normal price, they would've been happy with anything shiny & new. But if you must have Zhu Zhu's, forget the stores & use some of the great notification tools available. ZooLert.com & NowInStock.net just to name a couple. With some patience & vigilance, those mock hamsters will show up on Christman day & you'll still be sane!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to make the point that not all who sell on eBay or Amazon buy up all the retail stock. I am sure your stories are correct and some are draining these retail stores without limtis of their stock. However, there are many others selling on these venues that ordered there product from a wholesaler or from Cepia (maker of Zhu Zhu Pets).

Anonymous said...

Toys R Us just announced they'll have a huge bunch of Zhu Zhu's on Black Friday & thousand more arriving throughout December: http://www.i4u.com/article28483.html

Samantha Laury said...

these Zhu Zhu pets are cute, i'll give 'em that, though i feel a little sorry for all the people who go way out of their way to stores that are all sold out

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes