Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Beastly a Wonderful Fairy Tale


I have always been a sucker for any variation of the Beauty and the Beast fairy tale. I just can't get enough. I have no idea why. I went to see the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast at the theater 3 times while I was in college. I was completely enthralled with it. I guess there's something about falling in love with someone for who they really are inside with no regards to their appearance.

Well I stumbled upon a updated version of this wonderful tale in the book Beastly by Alex Finn. I was completely enraptured. A spoiled self-centered high school kid plays a trick on the wrong classmate and gets turned into a beast. Then he has to find someone to love him. It's a wonderful rendition and it is also going to be made into a movie starring Alex Pettyfer, Neil Patrick Harris and Vanessa Hudgens. I've seen a trailer and it looks wonderful. Though Vanessa Hudgens looks nothing like Lindy. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make her have red hair or to find a red head to play the character. Well I can over look it.

My daughter is interested in reading the book as well and as I've said numerous times if my daughter is interested in a book it's a good thing. A very good thing. This story is just so magical. I really enjoyed it. I look forward to the movie next March.

1 comments:

Vera said...

Oh I will lookout for this book, I read "Beauty" but I forgot who was the author. The movie is something to look forward to as well.

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes