Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time Fine for Tweens


Saturday my family and I went to see Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time. First off I'm going to say that I loved it. It is a great summer movie. There is action, adventure and romance. All the things I love in a movie. This is definitely a great movie to see with the kids. There is a lot of fighting so that could be why there is a pg-13 rating. I'm sure that's why many didn't take their kids, but I saw no issue at all. My girls are 9 and 13 and there was nothing in the movie I had a problem with minus snakes being in it. I don't like snakes. They totally creep me out. They did attack our hero, but he killed them and all was well. It's action and adventure. It's kind of Pirates of the Caribbean in the dessert.

My oldest daughter and I loved the Prince. Jake Gellenhaal as Prince Dastan is most definitely easy on the eyes. He alone is worth seeing this movie. The action has a sort of video game quality that makes it fun. The special effects with the dagger are very cool. I only wish they would have used it more than they had. The romance is spot on. You really fall for the the idea of Prince Dastan and Princess Tamina. You really want to follow along with them on their exciting adventure.

All in all it was fun. If you're contemplating going to see this movie my advice is to run do not walk. You won't be sorry. I would go again and I am definitely going to be purchasing the DVD when it comes out and I really don't purchase many anymore. I only buy the ones I love and I loved this movie. I truly hope they will make a sequel. I want the adventure to continue. I need more Prince Dastan and so does my daughter. She left with a huge smile on her face and so did I.

2 comments:

Yani ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶◙ said...

hi! just blog-hopping!

i totally agree with your review of Prince of Persia! i really enjoyed watching it too and definitely Jake Gellenhaal is a real piece of eye candy!

have a great day!

bob ong quotes said...

ive watch this online but i enjoy watching it in theatre. i find the princess very pretty after watching it i felt like inlove with her.

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes