Monday, October 19, 2009

New Moon Trading Cards


Yes, I know I write a lot about New Moon and Twilight stuff, but I'll tell you it's one of my oldest daughters favorite things. She loves Edward.

I was at Target yesterday (I'm always at Target) walking by the place they keep the trading cards and a box caught my eye. It was a box filled with New Moon Trading cards. I was so excited. My daughter loves Trading cards for everything. I'm responsible for this I'm afraid. I love trading cards and they make them for everything. When I was little I caught the Chicken Pox and I was miserable. It was at the beginning of summer vacation so I couldn't do anything. My mom wanted to cheer me up so she went to the store and got me some strawberry soda and a package of Return of the Jedi trading cards. I loved them. Star Wars is one of my favorite things period. I wanted to be Princess Leia and hang out with Han Solo and have a cool brother who was a Jedi. So from that point on I have loved to collect different trading cards. I still have the Return of the Jedi cards from way back.

Now my daughter likes to collect them so when I saw them I quickly grabbed a couple packs. They were only $2.99 which is cheep for trading cards. When I got home I handed them over and she was so excited. Unfortunately there wasn't one with Edward on it. There were plenty of Bella and a couple of Alice so she was happy. She really likes Alice, but who doesn't. The girl steals a yellow porsche in the movie.

I guess I'll just have to go back and grab a few more packages. These make awesome stocking stuffers. She uses them as book marks when she gets doubles.

I'll have to act quickly though because last year when I went to get her Twilight cards I couldn't find them anywhere. I asked the guy at my local comic shop (yes I go to my local comic shop) he told me they couldn't keep them on the shelves. I asked him if they were bought by screaming tweens and he informed me this was not the case. They were being bought by 40 year old guys who were making a killing selling them on ebay. This makes me nuts. I really don't like it when people feel the need to take advantage of kids.

Bottom line I will be picking up several packages and putting them away for Christmas. It's going to be a Twilight Christmas for my 12 year old.

1 comments:

Naomi said...

i would love to have those trading cards... if only they are available here in our place!

anyway, new moon showing is getting closer... bet your daughter is now excited... haha!

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes