Friday, April 9, 2010

Aggravating Morning

Thirteen year olds can be a royal pain in the butt. This morning my husband and I got up early because my oldest needed to go in and finish a math test she didn't finish the day before. This happens occasionally and we never have any problem with getting her in early.

The problem I have with this morning is right before my daughter was about to head out the door. She asked me a math question about percents. I had no idea what she was talking about. Math is not my thing. I told her to ask her father when he came down. Then I started asking her why she was asking the question now when she had all night to ask. Not to mention this was a test she started taking yesterday. I started to get really aggravated. Last night she was busy watching TV. She should have asked her question then instead of making us crazy at the last minute. My husband wasn't thrilled either. His comment was I'm pretty sure I was here all last night. My thought was she's going to flunk the test and there was no need. She's very good at math, but lately she's been getting a little lax with stuff. I don't know if it's spring fever or just the beginnings of the teenage years.

Well I'll never know I guess, but she better get a B or better on this test or she's going to loose that ipod touch she loves so much for a little while. I've got to get her back on track. I've never had to do anything like that before. She's always been so good about doing her work. This just took me by complete surprise. Of course when I dropped my 9 year old at school I saw her and she smiled and I asked how it went and she said fine. My husband was able to help her in the car. Seriously the child is driving me crazy. Thank God it's Friday.

1 comments:

Brenda said...

My kids have done the same thing - my 13 and 11 year old! My 11 year old usually can't find something in the morning, even though she said her backpack was all packed up the night before!

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes