Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday.

When I was in school I always remember having Easter Monday off. It was fabulous. We had a 4 day weekend to enjoy the wonderful holiday. Now however it's very rare for the kids to have this off. My girls don't have it off and they go to a catholic school. Now I did hear that many of the Catholic high schools in the area have the day off, but not my kids.

I know there's really no need for them to have it off, but I have to say we had a great day yesterday really enjoying the day with family. They played and ran and ate and just had the best day. Then we got home and my oldest daughter had to study for a big science test she had today. It really didn't seem fair. It was a holiday. I was a little irritated, but she wanted a good grade so she had to study and she did.

It just would have been nice for them to have the day off just to relax after the holiday. Maybe it's me, but I really wish there was no school today. I didn't want to get up and there was an aweful lot of grumbling for the girls and I grumbled with them. Oh well April vacation will be here soon.

1 comments:

Nile said...

A lot of schedule changes have occurred. More teacher workshops, and other holidays have been added. Some states have strange holidays. For example, in Illinois, Casimir Pulaski is a March holiday for a Polish guy who helped the US in its beginnings. I agree, the extra day is nice to spend extra time with the kids.

By the way, I work as a virtual assistant of The Healthy Moms ( http://www.thehealthymoms.net ), the site is fairly new and I thought I would drop by some mom and health related sites to spread the word.

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes