Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rediscovering Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Well the day finally came when I told my 13 year old that yes she could watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My daughter is a scifi freek and has been eyeballing this show for a while, but I didn't think she was ready. Now that she is so into vampire movies and shows I thought she could handle it. OF course she's not allowed to watch it with her sister in the room. She's not ready to watch it yet. My youngest is afraid of vampires especially the ones on Buffy because well they actually look like vampires unlike the ones you see in Twilight.

My 13 year old is completely hooked and every chance she gets she's loading up an episode through Netflix. She's driving us all crazy. Granted I think it's my own fault. Buffy first aired on TV in 1997. This is the same year she was born. I remember nursing her while I watched the show. She fell asleep to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The good thing is it's a good show and I really don't mind watching it again, but it did last 7 seasons. That's a lot of episodes and then of course she's just discovered that her favorite character, Angel had his own series that lasted 5 seasons. I think it's going to be a very vampire enriched summer.

4 comments:

VetTech said...

My husband and I both started re-watching this series on Netflix too. Watching it again made me really appreciate just how good it was. Your daughter is in for quite a treat :-)

Amrit said...

hi,
Children love to watch that only which they r restricted to...ur post remind of my childhood days ...when mom scolds me to watch horror movies becoz my younger brothers were so much afraid of ghosts...

Jennifer/Connect with your Teens said...

I never watched the series originally but recently watched all seven seasons and loved it. Now I'm tackling Angel.

Unknown said...

I was a Buffy fan and watch every episode. I have recently started watching again and still love it. So glad Netflix has all seasons to watch live.
Blessings
Diane

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes