Friday, May 28, 2010

May Procession

Today my girls school had their annual May Procession. This is such a wonderful and beautiful ceremony. They have the second grades dress in their first communion dresses and the eighth graders dress to the nines and lead the service. An eighth grader is chosen as the May Queen and places a crown made of flowers on a statue of Mary. She has to wear a white dress, but the other eighth graders wear very fancy dresses. My oldest has informed me she does not want to be the May Queen because she wants to wear a beautiful teal dress.

It's always a special day and the second graders were so cute. They brought flowers for Mary. I love seeing them all dressed up. When the May Procession arrives it reminds me how close it is till the end of the year. The girls have less than 2 weeks left of school. Time really does fly and next year my daughter will be an eighth grader and will leave the school she's been in since nursery school. Time really does fly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes