Saturday, January 16, 2010

After Math of the School Dance

I went to pick the girls up last night after the dance. My daughter came out happy and saying that she had a good time. Unfortunately one of her friends came out looking very flushed and telling me she didn't feel well. I guess the gym was really hot and they didn't open the windows. The poor thing got overheated. She did and didn't want me to take her home. So I took her to my house first and got her a cool face cloth and a drink. Unfortunately, she really wanted to go home to sleep in her own bed. I had no problem with this. It was about 11:00pm by this time. I drove her home and was greeted by her mom. She was worried because this girl really wanted to stay over with my daughter. She thought something happened at the dance. I'm happy to say that wasn't the problem. She was just exhausted from the long week and all she wanted was her bed. I can relate because by the time I got back home that's all I wanted too.

I returned home to find the other 2 girls headed to bed. I was shocked I thought for sure they were going to stay up for hours. My husband told me my daughter's best friend fell asleep on the couch right after I left. He ushered them upstairs and they went willingly. They really did have a long week at school and they danced around like crazy people all night so they were just done.

When they woke up the next day they told me about the dance and who danced with who. Neither one got asked to dance, but they didn't seem to mind. The boy my daughter likes didn't attend. They had a good time with their friends and their teachers apparently. Some of the teachers were on the dance floor letting loose. Good for them I say. Since they had to attend they might as well have fun.

Around noon today I went and picked the other girl back up from her house. She was feeling much better. I guess she was just completely worn out. I took them to the mall. I'm just a glutton for punishment, but I tell you tomorrow I am probably not going to get off the couch. I'm the one who's exhausted now and they're just raring to go.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Their batteries recharge a lot faster than ours, don't they? :o)

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes