Sunday, January 3, 2010

Upset Tween Over Doctor Who:The End of Time


Last night we watched Doctor Who: The End of Time. This was the last Doctor Who that David Tennant would appear in. My daughter was introduced to Doctor Who by my husband who has always loved this show. He has been a fan forever. I love science fiction as well, but somehow Doctor Who was never a favorite of mine at least not until the reboot in 2005. I loved David Tennant as Doctor Who and so did my daughter. She could not get enough of this show. She loved the Doctor and his companion Rose. He of course had other companions, but Rose was always her favorite.

Now David Tennant's time as the Doctor has come to an end. If you don't know anything about Doctor Who let me enlighten you. The Doctor doesn't die per say, he regenerates. This means he will take on another form getting younger each time. This is very upsetting to my daughter who has really only known this doctor and well she loves him. At the end of last nights episode he regenerated into the new doctor. The new doctor will be played by Matt Smith. My daughter's first reaction was, "He's weird looking, I don't like his voice. Why can't we keep the old Doctor?" My husband told her she'd get used to him. It's what has always happened on this show.

I'm not sure if she will ever love the new Doctor as much as David Tennant and that's only because David Tennant was the first Doctor she knew. I think he will always hold a special place in her heart. Will she still watch Doctor Who? Absolutely.

I completely understand how she feels. I think David Tennant was a wonderful Doctor and I enjoyed the show very much. In fact you could call me a Doctor Who lover because of him. Of course it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes.

If you have never given this show a try and were always a little curious. I would definitely recommend giving it a try. David Tennant makes his first appearance at the end of Season one and he takes over completely in season 2. These episodes are very entertaining. I don't even mind rewatching them when my daughter does. She loves this show.

4 comments:

Karla said...

Ive been a Dr Who fan forever, and my hubby grew up in the UK watching the show (and hiding behind the couch when the Daleks attacked:) and we both agree that David Tennant has been the best ever Doctor. The new boy has a tough act to follow, but I think he will do fine..he just wont be THE best Doctor!

Jerri said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought he looked weird. I'll give him a chance anyway, but Tennant will always be my favorite Doctor.

Momstart said...

I loved Dr. Who too. I'm going to have to buy the last couple of episodes because I haven't seen it for a while.

I'm hoping the next doctor will prove himself. It took time to fall in love with David Tennant too but now he's my fave.

Rob said...

I could never get into the new Doctor Who. The content is just a little too adult, and it's really nothing like the all-ages Tom Baker Doctor Who of years ago.

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes