Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Daughter the Black Knight in Alice in Wonderland


Today was the first day of play practice for my daughter. I think I've already told you they are doing their rendition of Alice in Wonderland. She received the role of the Black Knight. Her best friend is the White Knight. I think they gave them these roles on purpose because they are basically joined at the hip. She is very excited. The teacher in charge told me she has a great voice. I had no idea. I mean we sing in the car and stuff, but I never really thought about it. Shame on me. I'm very proud of her.

She had a great time today. They just received the script and were told that they are allowed to come up with some of their own lines if they want. She loved this idea because she can add a little bit of herself to the role. Of course the teacher has to approve them all. Her and her friends are looking forward to working on this.

They practiced the opening number and I was able to catch a little of it. It looks like they were having a blast. They were doing this song and dance number and they were all laughing and having fun.

I'm so happy that she has found something that she really enjoys doing. It's so hard for kids to find something they really love and then stick with it. There are just so many choices and so little time. I hope she continues to enjoy drama club. It makes my life so much more pleasant when the girls enjoy the activities they take part in.

3 comments:

Mia Dela Cruz-Soriano said...

congratulations on your daughter landing the role of the black knight in the school play! more power to you all & moreso to her :)

Jen said...

That's terrific - congratulations to your daughter and her best bud on their roles :o)

Grampy said...

Isn't it great when your children find a little niche while growing up. The most important thing is for her to have fun.

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0

Your Ad Here

Apple iTunes